Thursday, March 27, 2008

Running For VP of Finance...

Many of you know that I have been thinking and praying and asking advice about running for our student body position of VP of Finance. I have decided to try and run for it. I realize that although I didn't feel a clear answer from God directing my life, he still wants to be the one guiding my steps and he can't guide my steps if I am not walking. So thus I am walking forward as best as I know how, which in this case means running for this position.

Campaigning starts this week and after a late start on creating posters they are printed and in the process of being displayed all over campus. I must give a thank you shout out to the amazing Bernard Nguyen (www.bnphotography.net) for photos and Rachel Austen for Graphic Design work.

I still really don't like the idea about campaigning myself and talking about my strengths and why I should be the person for this job. I believe I would do an amazing job and I believe I posses the strength and skills needed to take on this position and be successful. Something about me feels that campaigns always come down to popularity contests and not about who is really right for the job. Hopefully I can come out of my shell enough to be more talkative and less humble and go campaign the best way I know how.

I have come to realize how amazing friends are through this experience so far. New friends from this year and past friends have helped me with my feelings and anxieties about running for this position and I appreciate them a lot.

I must get back now to my crazy hectic life currently and hopefully I can update you as the progress goes on.

If you are a SPU student reading this... don't forget to VOTE Thursday April 3rd & 10th online through Banner. Thanks!

No comments: