I was his baby anna, or annababe as I got older.
He always hid my cup and I would find it when I came over.
Twix bars will always remind me of him, because those were his favorite and there were always so many in the pantry.
Everything was 'grandpa size' pieces of things, grandma's apple pie, and spicy banana bars for sure.
He always wanted me to give him a manicure because his nails and hands were so rough.
He rescued me from certain pain from my older cousins and brother when we were younger
He loved all of us and showed us his love through what he did and how he treated us.
He stayed strong till the end and always looked out for others instead of himself.
He loved Jesus and was ready to meet him, which he did on Thursday 1-10-08
Cancer may have battled through him but he battled back with all he had and ultimately I think he won that battle because the cancer is dead and he is in heaven enjoying everlasting life with Christ.
I love you Gramps and although you will be missed by everyone, none of us would would ask you to come back, we know you are in a better place with a healthy pain-free body.
1 comment:
Absolutely poetic, Anna. I miss you.
Post a Comment