The day carries forward and you move along
Yet as the day dies down you recall to mind
You feel as though nothing has been accomplished
Friends, Meetings, notes, meals, conversations…
Yet what did you do that shows who you are living for?
Every day you feel like you must put forth effort to be noticed
But why are you wanting to be noticed?
Who are the people you are trying to impress?
What have you done today for Him?
Did you even thank Him for this day?
Did you think of Him at all?
------------------------------------------------
I once read that seven days without prayer makes one weak…
I understand this feeling… Do you?
I don’t like this feeling- Do you?
We say that we need to be noticed, we need to feel important,
Why?
A sense of belonging maybe?
A sense of accomplishment maybe?
I don’t know, all I know is that this is my life at the moment… Is it yours?
------------------------------------------------
Help me… Help me know my place… Help me know what I’m doing…
We have one life to live…
What direction? Help me know my direction…
Help me… Take me in your arms… Make me yours.
-AC
(small influence from ‘Faust, Midas, And Myself’ by Switchfoot)
Yet as the day dies down you recall to mind
You feel as though nothing has been accomplished
Friends, Meetings, notes, meals, conversations…
Yet what did you do that shows who you are living for?
Every day you feel like you must put forth effort to be noticed
But why are you wanting to be noticed?
Who are the people you are trying to impress?
What have you done today for Him?
Did you even thank Him for this day?
Did you think of Him at all?
------------------------------------------------
I once read that seven days without prayer makes one weak…
I understand this feeling… Do you?
I don’t like this feeling- Do you?
We say that we need to be noticed, we need to feel important,
Why?
A sense of belonging maybe?
A sense of accomplishment maybe?
I don’t know, all I know is that this is my life at the moment… Is it yours?
------------------------------------------------
Help me… Help me know my place… Help me know what I’m doing…
We have one life to live…
What direction? Help me know my direction…
Help me… Take me in your arms… Make me yours.
-AC
(small influence from ‘Faust, Midas, And Myself’ by Switchfoot)
No comments:
Post a Comment